Everything

Friday, June 23, 2006

Lazyitis

Grrrr. I'm angry with myself today. After calling in sick to work yesterday and spending the vast majority of my day in bed (thanks to a combination of both insomnia *and* drowsiness), I got up this morning feeling... not that much better, actually. However, as things usually fall apart at the office if I'm not there for seemingly anything more than an hour, I dragged my sorry self (now with bonus sore throat, so I sound like a raging bear) to work.

This, of course, is always a mistake.

Nothing has been done. I have 200-plus emails. I have 40-odd voicemails. It's almost as if nobody noticed I wasn't actually in... so I check. I speak to The Manager, who is confused. He honestly believes that I was in yesterday. In fact, he talked to me, and I even made him tea, apparently.

Now, either he's been drinking, or I've got a very lazy clone. And if it's the latter, I'm going to find him, and beat hell out of him.

Anyway, I've now been in work for 4 hours, and have *just* finished dealing with all the backlog. Now I can get on with today's work, as long as I can calm down and stop threatening everyone who passes by my desk with random violence. And yes, I still feel rotten. At least there's only a few hours until the weekend begins, which will mainly comprise of sleeping, eating, and watching the football. It's a good plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home