Everything

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

*sniff*

Wuuuuuurrrrrghhh. Five days in, and already the children of school have infected the adult population with their evil lurgey. Actually, scratch that - they've actually only infected the people who haven't been exposed to their bugs and germs before; namely me and my fellow trainee Kate. We're already wiped out and it's only Tuesday. I'm sure by the time the weekend rolls round we'll be like extras from any given Romero zombie flick. Until then, we fight on, pitchforks and flaming torches in hand.

School is still good. I'm still waking up in the morning with a smile. Even if you were to go into the place with a bad mood on, I'm quite sure that after ten minutes of the constant attention that you get on entering a classroom the mood would lift, simply because it has to. No bad thing, that. The teacher I work with is incredibly supportive, takes on my ideas and suggestions, and seems happy with what I do in class. I've even taken a few plenaries - summations to you and me - already, and will be doing my first whole lesson next week! Nothing like being thrown in at the deep end. And if you mess something up, as long as you're honest the children are fine. It's if you try and cover a mistake that they'll absolutely destroy you ;)

I think I'm doing alright on my paperwork and stuff so far too. I'm going to have a pile of folders reaching the ceiling by the end of the year, but at the moment all seems to be under control. I find coming home, getting a brew, then sitting in front of the computer and getting on with stuff for another hour or so is the best way of dealing with it - which for me is quite surprising. I've never really been motivated to do that 'continuing work when you get home' thing before... instead I've preferred the idea of 'forget about work as soon as you walk out the door'. Does this mean I may well actually be growing up? Has the lazy michael suddenly discovered (gasp!)... a work ethic?

Stay tuned to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home