Everything

Thursday, July 20, 2006

School's out!

Good lord, busy busy busy. So much to do and so little time, as the white rabbit said.

It has been a few days of ups and downs. No middle ground for me - just either splendidly good things (spending my first day at school as a *proper* trainee and meeting my class for next year, for example) and stinky rotten things (bike playing up again, and losing my bloody mobile phone). Let the ranting begin!

Well, school was fun. The new class are coming into year five, and are all very small. Seriously. I feel like I tower over them like the BFG, plus they were all timid and scared of me - that'll change quickly enough, I'm sure. I'm back in tomorrow to set up the classroom for the First Day Of Term and begin the horrors of actually planning stuff for them to do. This is where the whole "new career" actually begins, and though it feels daunting I'm also excited...

On the crappier side, The Pig required a new battery after numerous AA visits this week. Mercifully I've taken today off for a day of what The American refers to as "Domestic Productivity" but it's start was somewhat delayed by me having to go and spend £45 (£45!) on a box of acid. Still, I shall fit it later and all - hopefully - will be well with it again. However, at some point while hurtling around the local area, my mobile slipped out of my pocket, never to be seen again. All my numbers are lost, of course, which is a bit annoying, but there's precious little I can do about that. Just have to send a few emails out. The worst thing is that my network take up to a week to replace the thing. What will I do?!

Actually, it'll probably be rather nice.

Other news... not much. Some of my designs for Perplex City's Wave 4 cards will be available as of the 31st, and there's a launch party down in That London that I shall be heading for (along with, no doubt, the usual suspects). There is talk of pre-event cocktails, and where there is the possibility of a Mojito and a good quality Bloody Mary, you'll find me...

Be good. See you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home