Everything

Friday, June 30, 2006

Follow my lead on the 1-2-3...!

So, after the last rather self-indulgent post - though what this being a blog about my life and stuff in it, it's all self-indulgent, isn't it? - I'm feeling a bit better. A combo of having a few days off and some cracking drugs have seen a lightness in my mood. I haven't actually done that much, but things certainly look a bit brighter for some reason unbeknownst to me...

Anyway - good things! Just a few random splendid things that are making me grin inanely at the moment:

1. The Pipettes - good lord, there's something about this band that make you want to shake your arse. Think the Phil Spector girl-group Wall of Sound combined with... I dunno, absolute filth. Gorgeous harmonies, knowingly saucy lyrics... it's all For The Win. Currently have a new single out called "Pull Shapes", extolling the merits of dancing to whatever you bloody want to. See also "School Uniform" which is just plain dirty. Rawr!

2. Book Shopping - bought two books today, even though I had no intention of doing so. Both oddly have a Japanese theme too - Haruki Murakami's "Dance Dance Dance" and the original novel of one of my favourite films, "Battle Royale" by Koushun Takami. Didn't even know it existed, to be honest, but I shall read it after I'm finished JPod (which is also really good. Though having the author in their own book is slightly weird. Read it yourself and you'll see).

3. Jose Gonzales' cover of Kylie Minogue's "Hand On Your Heart" - not exactly a happy thing per se, but it's both (a) quite beautiful and (b) absolutely stunning. Video's a cracker too.

4. Tea and Cake - specifically Battenburg cake. Pink and yellow, with more marzipan than your average wedding cake. Splendid. Also, never underestimate the power of the humble digestive biscuit. And with my appetite currently at about 10% of what it used to be, my tea consumption has risen greatly.

And that's about it at the moment. Simple pleasures, making little synapses in my head burst with pleasure. Have a lovely weekend, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home