Everything

Friday, January 05, 2007

Jaffa cakes and Persocons - 2007 Refix

Merry new year to you! 2007 has rolled around, and nothing seems to have changed. I still don't live on the moon, don't own a flying car, or wear silver clothes. The winner of X-Factor is still at number one, where it should be Klaxons. I should be eating soylent green for tea, but I'm actually having chicken pie. Life, in other words, is exactly the same as it ever was...

Christmas was as expected - rubbish. A couple of decent presents (Ticket To Ride boardgame, ticket to see Eagles of Death Metal, a copy of Art Spiegelman's "Maus"), but no other details; simply nothing happened. New Years Eve, that perennial disappointment, was possibly my worst yet, culminating in the daddy of all Panic Attacks at about half-ten. I went home, crawled into bed, and fell asleep by 11.15pm. Midnight was celebrated by the sound of me snoring.

Come to think of it, that's not too bad a NYE by my usual standards. At least it was cheap.

Anyhow, a few days have passed, the year is finding it's feet, and I have done bugger all. Don't go back to school until Monday, so I have spent most of the past few days cleaning house, watching Chobits and Ugly Betty through the Wii's online brilliance (seriously, www.alluc.org is one of the greatest websites ever), eating Jaffa Cakes and drinking tea. Splendid stuff. There has also been the usual rash of resolutions made, none of which I have done that much about. I will start getting some exercise this year though - I'm quite sure my DNA is mixing with the sofa's to almost dangerous levels.

One plan is coming to fruition though. No huge amount of detail yet - when it happens, then I'll let you know - but me and elmo are sorting something out to unleash on the world sometime soon. Guaranteed, it will be silly. Stay tuned.

Oh, one last thing: Re-versions of Tintin cartoons are officially the best thing on the Interwebs RIGHT NOW. Go see. Warning: Reet Boro Language used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home